Sir Rod Stewart is "in the clear' after cancer diagnosis
Following a diagnosis of prostate cancer, Sir Rod Stewart was provided the all-clear.
The rock legend produced the disclosure on Saturday at a fundraising case.
"No-one understands this, but I thought it was about time that I said to everyone. I'm in the clear, now, just because I caught it soon. I've got so many trials," he said, according to The Mirror.
The 74-year-old spoke at a case for the European Tour Foundation of the Prostate Project and golf.
He joked to wife Penny Lancaster that he was going to use the evening to "come out", adding: "It's not what you think. Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer."
He said: "If you're positive, and you work through it and you keep a smile on your face… I've worked for two years and I've just been happy, and the good Lord looked after me."
The rock legend produced the disclosure on Saturday at a fundraising case.
"No-one understands this, but I thought it was about time that I said to everyone. I'm in the clear, now, just because I caught it soon. I've got so many trials," he said, according to The Mirror.
The 74-year-old spoke at a case for the European Tour Foundation of the Prostate Project and golf.
He joked to wife Penny Lancaster that he was going to use the evening to "come out", adding: "It's not what you think. Two years ago I was diagnosed with prostate cancer."
He said: "If you're positive, and you work through it and you keep a smile on your face… I've worked for two years and I've just been happy, and the good Lord looked after me."

Comments
Post a Comment