Rapper T.I. and Candace Owens butt heads over Donald Trump's 'Make America Great Again' slogan
During the weekend, things got heated between rapper T.I and conservative commentator Candace Owens.
At Diddy's Revolt TV Summit in Atlanta on Saturday night, the musician and Owens argued over the campaign slogan of Trump, "Make America Great Again," and how it is interpreted by the African-American community.
T.I pointed out that it is considered racist by some African-Americans.
Moderator Jeff Johnson said the slogan pits poor white people against poor black people. "The fear that Trump has lifted in poor whites [is] that poor black people and poor urban people are their problem," he said.
“When did Trump ever say that?” Owens asked.
"Was that racist when Ronald Reagan had it as his slogan?"
“When you say ‘Make America Great Again,’ which period are we talking about?” T.I asked her directly. “The period when women couldn’t vote? The period when we were hanging from trees? Or the crack era? Which period in America are you trying to make America like again?”
“Which period was America great that we’re trying to replicate? Which era was it, tell me," he continued.
“America was actually one of the first…slavery was all over the world…” Owens deflected.
"You're making light of the enslavement of people who look like us," argued T.I. “That ain’t nothing you breeze over."
“How am I making light of anything?” Owens asked
“You started with some bulls--t,” T.I. quipped and the crowd broke into cheering and booing.
At Diddy's Revolt TV Summit in Atlanta on Saturday night, the musician and Owens argued over the campaign slogan of Trump, "Make America Great Again," and how it is interpreted by the African-American community.
T.I pointed out that it is considered racist by some African-Americans.
Moderator Jeff Johnson said the slogan pits poor white people against poor black people. "The fear that Trump has lifted in poor whites [is] that poor black people and poor urban people are their problem," he said.
“When did Trump ever say that?” Owens asked.
"Was that racist when Ronald Reagan had it as his slogan?"
“When you say ‘Make America Great Again,’ which period are we talking about?” T.I asked her directly. “The period when women couldn’t vote? The period when we were hanging from trees? Or the crack era? Which period in America are you trying to make America like again?”
“Which period was America great that we’re trying to replicate? Which era was it, tell me," he continued.
“America was actually one of the first…slavery was all over the world…” Owens deflected.
"You're making light of the enslavement of people who look like us," argued T.I. “That ain’t nothing you breeze over."
“How am I making light of anything?” Owens asked
“You started with some bulls--t,” T.I. quipped and the crowd broke into cheering and booing.

Comments
Post a Comment